Nexthermal cartridge heaters…
Your smart heat management choice
While many companies can build a general use cartridge heater, Nexthermal is committed to manufacturing and supplying the best cartridge heater specifically for your application. When you see the design elements beyond the obvious similarities to commodity heaters, critical engineering decisions can be made to dramatically improve durability, product quality, responsiveness and cycle time. Every application carries with it performance requirements that must be carefully considered. Factors such as movement, moisture, dimensional tolerances, operating temperature, material being heated, and environmental conditions will impact the design of the cartridge heater.
Nexthermal manufactures cartridge heaters with better components, materials and precision…….
- High watt density cartridge heaters are built with 8” long ceramic cores, 33% longer than our competitors, resulting in fewer electrical connections on longer heaters.
- Standard stainless steel sheath is SS321 for improved corrosion resistance (incoloy is also available).
- New, compact right angle exit with flat sides to aide removal. (When cartridge heaters last as long as Nexthermal’s do, this is important)
- Anti-seize coating applied in house for faster delivery.
- Centerless grinding option to a tolerance of +/- .0008” for a better fit.
- Computer controlled winding ensures the right wattage distribution profile on every heater, every build.
- Technical support to understand your application and design a cartridge heater with your specific use in mind.
- Attaining and maintaining ISO 9001 since 2000.
High watt density vs. medium watt density construction
All cartridge heaters Nexthermal manufactures are swaged (highly compacted) heaters. Customers who require precise, durable heat should accept nothing less. The compaction created during the swaging process enables the cartridge heaters to more responsively deliver heat, and provides the resistance wire with dense thermal mass improving performance and heater life greatly over loose fill cartridge heaters. Both high watt and medium watt construction can be built as an energy saving eheat cartridge heater.
High watt density cartridge heaters
The machine winding of the high watt density cartridge heater delivers the most precise distributed wattage profile. High watt density heaters supplied by Nexthermal can be built to your specifications from 1” long to over 100”. Warranted to 160 watts per square inch.
Specify a high watt density cartridge heater if:
- Watt density is greater than 65 watts per square inch.*
- And/or the heater is less than 8”.*
- And/or your application requires a precise wattage distribution.
* High watt density cartridge heaters are commonly built below 65 watts per square inch and in lengths up to 100” long for specific applications.
Medium watt density cartridge heaters
The medium watt density cartridge heater has a continuous resistance spiral throughout the heater delivering unparalleled reliability. For longer cartridge heaters there are fewer internal electrical connections. Medium watt density heaters start at 8”long and can be built to over 100”. Each medium watt density cartridge heater supplied by Nexthermal is warranted to 65 watts per square inch.
Specify a medium watt density cartridge heater if:
- Watt density is less than 65 watts per square inch.
- And the heater is 8” or longer.
- And you do not need highly precise wattage distribution.
*In the past only high watt density cartridge heaters could support an internal type J or K TC. Nexthermal can now manufacture medium watt density cartridge heaters with an internal Thermocouple.